Answers To Your Frequently Asked Cleaning Questions
Quick To Respond
Going The Extra Mile
Did A Great Job
Still Looks Great
Above The Rest
Call for Inquiry
Get A Free Quote
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Our Clients Should Know & Need to Ask
1. What are the benefits of carpet cleaning?
By having your carpet cleaned it extends the life of your carpet, protects indoor air quality, prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria, makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh, theirs many other benefits.
2. What method is appropriate for carpet cleaning?
Steam Cleaning, also known as hot water extraction, this method combined with the proper solutions removes dirt more deeply.
3. How long will it take for my carpet to dry?
Drying time is affected by humidity, temperature and air flow to the area. It can take anywhere between 1-2 hours depending on the aforementioned variables. Using fans in any rooms that have been cleaned and turning your air conditioning or heater system on. We will also put down our air flow fans to help move air around for faster drying time.
4. What if spots reappear?
Although most spots that are removed from carpet do not reappear, some substance in carpet backing my wick to the surface after cleaning. If this happens, please contact us A.S.A.P.
5. Do you guarantee removal of all spots and stains in the carpet?
We cannot guarantee that we will remove all spots or stains. There are substances that can permanently discolor the carpet fibers. The age of the carpet and type of carpet fibers also plays a factor in this. We will try to determine if this is the case prior to cleaning but we are not always able to determine this before trying to remove the spots. Some spots are removable and stains are not removable.
6. Why should I have carpets applied with protectant?
Having a protectant applied to your carpets will help resist soiling from dry dirt, water and oil based spills by wrapping each fiber in a protective coating. This extra layer gives you more time to clean up spots and spills before they soak into the fibers, helping you keep your carpet and upholstery looking its best between professional cleanings. It also makes vacuuming and cleaning up spots easier. As a finishing touch to your thoroughly cleaned carpet or upholstery.
7. How to select a professional carpet cleaner?
- Price – Very often carpet cleaning companies advertise a low price just to get their foot in the door. Use common sense; a low price usually equates to low quality for any product or service.
- Quality – Quality work deserves a quality price, a price that sounds high may not be a signal of a rip-off.
- Truth in advertising – you should consider reading the fine print in advertising specials to find out exactly what the pricing includes and request a firm price in writing before the work begins.
- Training- You should ask the firm about the formal training background of technician who will be cleaning your carpets.
- Certification- Professional firms require technicians that have certification from organizations like the IICRC or through comparable franchise or independent training and testing organizations.
- Experience- Don’t hesitate to ask the firm how many years of experience they have, and what type of training they have.
- Knowledgeable- The technician should have the ability to answer basic questions regarding carpet performance and maintenance, as well as spotting and cleaning.
- References- ask your technician for previous customer references.
- Trade associations- professional cleaners are members of regional or national trade associations or other organizations that promote high ethical standards and continuing education. Look for trade association logos in advertising.
- Proof – don’t hesitate to ask the cleaner to see their certificate card, business license and insurance certificate.
- Method- Ask the technician which cleaning method will they use and the advantages and disadvantages of this method compared to other methods.
- No pressure- The technician must be courteous and able to explain the cleaning process and answering any of your questions. You shouldn’t feel pressure.
8. How do you handle moving furniture?
We will move any basic furniture with no extra charge, if there is extreme amount of furniture, or there are things that are large or breakable theirs an extra charge. Please let us know before any furniture is moved if there’s any weak legs or loose parts in your furniture. Share Cleaning Services does NOT charge additional FEES for moving furniture within reason.
9. Why Should I have my tile and grout cleaned?
Dirt builds over time dulling your tile’s appearance and discoloring your grout. A thorough professional tile and grout cleaning is the only way to remove deep down dirt.
10. Why should I have my grout lines sealed?
Grout is a porous material that absorbs soil and spills, just like carpets. Having a sealant applied to your grout lines will help create a protective barrier, giving you more time to clean up dirt and liquid spills before they soak into the grout. The type of sealant you choose will determine the degree of stain resistance.
11. What carpet cleaning solutions will the professionals typically use during textile treatment?
Textile treatment experts may use a variety of chemicals during treatment, some of them available to do-it-yourselfers, but most of them not.
12. What is the difference between a wet carpet cleaning and dry chemical cleaning?
A wet chemical is used during shampooing and contains foaming agents like sodium lauryl sulfate. Ask our estimator for a full explanation for the best treatment of your surfaces and requirements.
13. What does it mean if my carpets felt sticky and quickly got dirty again after my last cleaning?
Too much shampoo will leave a soapy residue behind even after treatment, which will cause the flooring to build up soil at a much faster rate in the future. Too much water is even worse, possibly damaging the flooring beyond repair or fostering mold growth.
14. How do I know my estimate is reasonable?
If the estimates for cleaning your rugs, tile and upholstery sounds too good to be true – it probably is. Many cleaners use cheap solutions or nothing more than water to clean. Share Cleaning Services uses quality, high-performance solutions, truck-mounted equipment and offers professional courtesies that others lack. It is true, you get what you pay for and in our case, WE are not happy until you are 100% satisfied with your cleaning services.
OUR OFFER TO YOU…
AND IT MAKES IT TO OUR FAQ PAGE
WE WILL SEND YOU A $50 GIFT CERTIFICATE AND ENTER YOUR NAME IN A DRAWING FOR A FREE 3-ROOM CLEANING.
6714 Lower Macungie Rd.
Trexlertown, PA 18087